Monday 13 April 2015

THE STORY OF A STICK AS TOLD BY THE STICK

THE STORY OF A STICK - As told by the stick.

For as long as I could remember I was always just a stick. A boring dry piece of wood... And this Moses guy (some Egyptian refugee) found me and used me to direct sheep, smh.

Not too exciting an existence.

Till one day before a strange 'burning-yet-not-burnt-up' bush I heard God say "What is that in your hand? Cast it on the ground" (Exodus 4:2&3). Trust me, this ground was different: I lay on the ground before such Awesome Power and I was suddenly so alive! I could move! Even when I used to live as part of my old tree I couldn't move like this!! Back then before I was broken off and turned into a staff.

I hear I'd become a snake, but just for a while anyway. Yet still, as I was picked up and became a stick again I knew something was different and Moses knew it too, because that night I became 'the rod of God'. (Ex 4:20)

It wasn't so long after that I was used to part the red sea and draw water out of a rock! All because of a few moments spent before my Creator.

So what's in your hand? Lay it before God: ur talents, relationships, knowledge... In fact, you, lie down before Him as well! And when He raises you up from that position of submission, you'll know what it really means to be alive, to part a sea, to give thirsty people living water. Just fall at His feet first.

✌KayO

No comments:

Post a Comment