Friday 21 August 2015

WHO DO YOU SAY HE IS? 2

WHY I BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE

So I thought about this one paa. Why should I believe everything I see in a compilation of 66 books?
Should I really accept that 66 books contain the answer to virtually any relevant question I have in this life?

First of all, that's absurd. We all know it is. But guess what's even more absurd, yet true, this Book has never been wrong.

This book said give and you'll receive. For some strange reason it works. This book predicted the futures of many kingdoms which happened just like it said. This book predicted wars and hunger we see today. It predicted immorality and homosexuality which is not news anymore in 2015.

Yet this is what my intellectual mind refuses to ignore: It was not written by one person. Different people over a span of more than 2 millenia brought this together... telling one story about one Man whom we all have to make a decision about. But I'll get to Him later. They tried the same thing with Ananse stories, but they just don't sync.

Many people have tried to destroy this book, many people have been burnt because of it, others hanged and others shot. Yet some of us would do it all over again. We must be very stupid or very convinced.

But if there's enough wrong to believe in a devil, then anything he takes time to attempt destroying must be something he's afraid of. And seeing as he hasn't succeeded, it would be most absurd on my part not to believe it's words.

If I'm wrong, oh well, but if I'm right, I've believed in God's Word, and the rest is up to you.

I leave you with 2 things:
1. A quote by Sherlock Holmes - When the impossible is eliminated, whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
And 2. The words of Jesus Himself.
Matthew 24: 35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

✌KayO

More Word tomorrow at the program tomorrow. See the pic below.

No comments:

Post a Comment