Thursday 4 June 2015

SUPPORT

SUPPORT

Yesterday was interesting. Windy, wet and cold. Malam junction got flooded by the rains and I was stuck in traffic from Lapaz. Eventually I got down at Barnyard and walked to Dansoman (for those who don't know, that's faaaaar). This was around 11:30pm, I'd been in traffic for possibly over 3 hours.

So when I say I walked... well, like 40% of that journey involved me wading through knee-deep water which was carrying anything and everything away. That's where Philip came in. A young man who was just as stranded as I was. We supported each other and made it through.

Let's juxtapose that against our spiritual lives: Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.

A little physics: when you lower yourself, you lower your center of gravity. You make yourself more stable, harder to push down.
And then Paul says we should forbear (hold up) one another.
Long story short, you need your fellow believer, not just for the fun stuff,but especially for the storms.
✌KayO

No comments:

Post a Comment