Wednesday 15 March 2017

THE ANTHEM OF THE DESPERATE: DOGS THAT EAT BREAD

By nature dogs are carnivores. You don't need 44 teeth to eat a salad. But if you've ever had a dog then you know, they'll eat anything you give them. Even gum. I actually once saw a stray dog seemingly chewing grass.
(It's either my imagination was hyperactive or that dog was just darn hungry)

Now here's a story of a Canaanite woman in the Bible (Matt 15:21-28), who in my opinion deserves an award for never giving a hoot.

Let's put ourselves in her shoes real quick:
So your daughter is not sick (you could handle that one with drugs), it's even worse... she's possessed! The real horror movie deal. Here comes a guy who claims He came to set the captives free. You cry out to Him, you beg Him to do something, heck you call Him Lord! He doesn't mind you, not even a little bit. His disciples are even sacking you like you don't respect yourself or something. And when the dude finally opens His mouth, this is what He has to say, "I came only for the lost sheep of Israel". Hold up, hold up... So He's racist or something? ... Bruh, sis, think about your reputation. You'll try someone else who cares a bit more, won't you?

Not this lady. Next thing we know she's worshipping Jesus (sigh). Then Jesus said, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs". Say whaaaaaat?!😱 So now I'm a dog?😲 If I was the woman, this is where I'd lunge for Jesus' throat. If you won't help me don't insult me! I'm a crazy mother, remember?

But this woman... Oh this woman. She said, "Even the dogs eat the crumbs from their Master's table". She agreed?! She was cool with being called a dog for her daughter's miracle? She was basically saying: true, I don't deserve this miracle based on whatever standards you have, but I'm not leaving here without it either way. Call me whatever name, I just want my miracle.

(The following text is highly paraphrased, if you are allergic to paraphrasing, open your own Bible alright)
Matt 15:28 -
Jesus looked around and almost yelled, "Y'all just hear that? 😃 That's some mad faith right there! Lady, you just won yourself a miracle. Your daughter's free."

Heaven knows Jesus didn't come for her, but God has this character where He can't let a good moment of faith go to waste. And that's how a little girl got her freedom. Because a desperate mum cried out to the only One who could save her, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. Now that's a dog determined to eat bread.
✌😎KayO

Check out our blog app:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.kayogh.kayo

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...d woman give Jesus counterattack quote paa oo...i really like dat scripture

    ReplyDelete