Friday 11 December 2015

Drink Ups, Snares and Fiery Storms...

WHEN JESUS DRANK OUR CUP

Psalm 11: 6   Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their CUP.

Ever hear of the time Jesus went for the drink up? Yeah, I said it... and no I'm not talking about the wedding with the water-wine or the last supper: I'm talking about the garden of Gethsemane. If you'd scroll up and read Psalm 11:6 again, I'd like to show you something.

Any cup that can contain a single snare is huge! Fire and brimstone, that's another level. But a whole tempest? Man, that's just badness. My point, that's a scarily huge cup.

Of course it shows us how scarily huge God is, but eyes on the cup for a while. You see, this cup was meant for us: the wicked.

It did not contain sobolo or soakings, it had snares and storms - hard on the throat. Yet Jesus said, "O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done." He took the huge cup, tipped His head back and gulped it down, brimstone and all. Then He wiped His mouth with His sleeve, sweated out the agony in blood and went out to die for us.

The long point is: He drank fire and brimstone for us so we wouldn't have to. Not even a little. We don't get what we deserve. ☺

New words for a new season.
✌KayO
KayO15.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment